About the Role
Our passion is what sets us apart – we’re not just here to execute, but also to learn, grow and innovate on what’s next. Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. We designed our 9–10-week program to include many elements to help you contribute and grow during your summer at Gap Inc.
The Gap Inc. Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their technical skills & knowledge as well as exposure to the dynamic & evolving tech-stack of one of the largest digital apparel businesses in the world. You will work on impactful, innovative projects that transform our supply chain and e-commerce business, and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management. Interns who meet & exceed their individual goal plans during the summer will receive a full-time job offer to begin after graduation.
In addition to daily work and projects we invite you to participate in fun interactive events that bring our interns together as a group throughout the summer for a variety of experiences ranging from cooking classes, executive speaker series, trivia hour, & more!
The Data Science Team at Gap Inc. is a research team that applies techniques from operations research and machine learning to drive business benefits for Gap Inc. and its brands. The team’s focus is creating analytical capabilities to support product operations at Gap Inc.
During your internship you’ll have the opportunity to work on the Data Engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Please note that this role will be full time 40 hours a week from mid-June through mid-August
- Work alongside our Digital Data & Analytics team and fellow interns on production level projects
- Use the latest tools, and technologies in the field- harnessing vast pools of information available in our brands’ data systems
- Develop data product tools and pipelines
- Apply analytical and data science methods (regression, clustering, classification, text analysis) to real world datasets to solve ongoing business problems
- Present results of your project to team members, business partners, and Gap executives
- Meet Sr. Data Scientists, advanced analytics experts, and Product Managers to understand the role that analytics play in a 16 billion-dollar global organization
Who You Are
- You are pursuing your Bachelor’s Degree with one year left to graduate in Computer Science, Data Science, or related degree – accepting students that graduate in December 2023 through Spring 2024.
- Statistical and data analysis skills
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following: SQL, Python, or R. Combinations of these skills are very useful.
- Data visualization using tools, such as Tableau or D3
- Basic statistical modeling skills (regression, logistic regression, clustering)
- An ability to think abstractly and work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Please note the following:
- You will need to upload your resume in PDF format when applying to this role. (Eg: LastName_FirstName Resume)
- Use the same email address throughout our process – from applying to the role to taking the online assessment.
- We are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role.