View job on Handshake
Waterfall Asset Management is a leading alternative investment management firm founded in 2005. Our long-term investment outlook, deep research focus, and highly flexible capital base allow us to invest across the spectrum of private equity, private credit and structured credit. Waterfall was founded by Tom Capasse and Jack Ross, two individuals who were early leaders of the ABS industry, and who together have over 60 years of proven ABS/Loan credit analysis, trading, banking and servicing experience. Capasse and Ross started the ABS Group at Merrill Lynch in the 1980s and conducted the first ABS issuances for many of the more than 40 ABS sectors in which Waterfall invests. Waterfall has approximately $9.8 billion* (*estimate as of 1/1/22) in assets under management. Waterfall Asset Management’s headquarter offices are in New York City.
Waterfall is seeking a Summer Analyst for 2023. The position will be hands on in supporting the hedge fund trading desk in the analysis of new investment opportunities and existing client portfolios. The position will be located at Waterfall’s headquarters in midtown Manhattan.
The 11-week summer internship starts with a one-week orientation and training program. During this period, Summer Analysts will be trained in debt cash flow modeling, bond math, and participate in structured credit classes introducing various asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities. Summer Analysts will rotate through at least three strategies of the firm, gaining transaction experience and a thorough understanding of each.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Well-rounded academic background
· Rising Senior at reputable university or college
· Strong quantitative skills
· Knowledge of finance & capital markets
· Analytical background
· Ability to perform in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
· Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and drive projects to completion
· Motivated, passionate, team player that displays future leadership capabilities
· Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
· Experience with coding languages preferred