Remote Work: Hybrid
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge – helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers, and problem solvers, we each play a unique role – shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business. Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference – because together, we’ve only just begun.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Join a team of builders, doers, and problem solvers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
Working with members of our team, you will contribute to the advancement of cutting-edge prototype solutions for our virtuals. Projects vary from Exploratory Data Analysis to the development of algorithms, applying statistical and machine learning models. This includes:
- Creative problem solving based on customer datasets and requirements;
- Design ML algorithms to improve existing workflows. This work is done in collaboration with other scientists and researchers on the team.
- Designing client/server systems for back-end processing and visualization of data;
- Generating patent disclosures covering the system solutions and the underlying methods;
- Presenting results and demonstrations at internal and customer meetings.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate degree program (BA, BS, MS, MA, or Phd) in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Must be graduating in May or December 2023 or 2024 (BS or BA); May or December 2023, 2024, or 2025 (if MS, MA, or PhD student).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of the primary work location
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, C, C++)
- Mastery of Python scripting language
- Mobile Application Development Experience (Android)
- Experience with Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Speech Recognition
- Top notch organizational skills
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
Zebra Total Rewards includes more than just pay and is structured to meet the needs of our changing global business and evolving talent. We are committed to providing our employees with a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive – including healthcare, wellness, inclusion networks, and continued learning and development offerings. We offer community service days, in addition to the traditional insurances, compensation, parental leave, employee assistance program and paid time off offerings depending on the country where you work.
Salary: USD 19.00 – USD 42.50 Hourly
Salary offered will vary depending on your location, job-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
Additionally, all Zebra roles are eligible for cash incentive programs. For example, sales roles have additional opportunity to earn substantial variable compensation tied to quota achievement. In most other roles, the Zebra annual cash incentive program links Company and individual performance together. Some roles may also be eligible for long-term incentive equity awards.