View job on Handshake
About Roche Diagnostics
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology, and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
At Roche, we believe the best solutions come by gaining different perspectives, asking and answering hard questions, and challenging the status quo to develop small ideas and achieve big wins in innovation. Our success in creating a truly diverse and inclusive workplace will directly impact our ability to deliver on our purpose of “Doing Now What Patients Need Next.”
Facts & Figures:
- Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN with over 4000 employees
- #1 market leader for in-vitro diagnostics
- In 2020, Roche Indy employees donated over $500,000 and tracked nearly 7,500 volunteer hours
- The site is home to nine Diversity & Inclusion Business Resource Groups
This internship position is located in Indianapolis, On-Campus. Below is a description of some of the projects an intern may expect during the course of their internship.
Your Department Projects:
● Data Science focused projects spanning multiple machine learning topics
● Provide a fresh perspective on our processes and derive actionable insights from data.
● Apply analytical and statistical methods to solve identified use cases in an agile manner using multiple data sources and analytical tools.
● Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop solutions, gain alignment and deliver impactful business insights; engage necessary stakeholders to enable better decision-making.
● Intensive 3-month paid internship.
● Ownership of challenging and impactful business-critical projects.
● Work with some of the most talented people in the biotechnology industry.
● Final presentations of project work to senior leaders.
● Lead or participate in intern committees to design and coordinate program events and initiatives.
● Professional & personal development curriculum throughout the program, including networking opportunities, workshops, and panel discussions.
● Participate in volunteer projects, social events, and team-building activities.
● Paired with a 1:1 mentor through the Roche Young Professionals Business Resource Group.
● Program start dates: May 22, 2023 or June 19, 2023.
● Targeting STEM students currently working towards a graduate level degree. Pursuit of degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent field preferred.
● Desire GPA 3.0 or higher.
● Experience with Python, R, Machine Learning
● Preferred experience with SQL, AWS, Snowflake, NLTK, snorkel, spaCy, Gensim.
● Desire previous work experience.
● Familiarity with agile development environments and scrum development methodology.
● Student organization and/or study abroad experiences are a plus.
● Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
● Complements our culture and the standards that guide our daily behavior & decisions: Integrity, Courage, and Passion.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions, such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people’s lives.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company’s health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.