View job on Handshake
Zendesk is looking for a hardworking Advocacy, Strategy, & Operations intern to join our team in the U.S! Interns can be based remotely anywhere in the United States, or co-located with our office in San Francisco, CA or Madison, WI. Relocation assistance is not provided. This internship will be full-time for 10 weeks starting in May 2023.
At Zendesk, diversity, equity and inclusion are more than buzzwords, and bigger than the bottom line. It’s about our people knowing that they’re valued where they work. Employees at Zendesk work hard to build a culture where everyone belongs. Employee Communities play a vital role in bringing us together and ensure we feel supported at work.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and enjoys partnering cross-functionally with many teams. You will have some prior experience with excel or Gsheet modeling and data manipulation. You will learn about the common challenges a Support faces and help our Ops team drive more operational rigor by building beautifully simple visualizations that will significantly improve the way we review metrics.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will dive into Advocacy’s data tables and help teams save many hours of manual work that could be automated. You will help build and scale up our data & reporting that our Directors can leverage across teams – Customer Facing + functional Ops such as Workforce Planning & Optimization and Customer Insights.
- Consolidate multiple data sources into a single, trusted view for business leader consumption.
- Sift through large datasets and aggregate into an easily digestible format.
- Interact with Directors across various functional pillars of the Advocacy organization.
- Support deep dives into performance to surface and analyze hot spots.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Computer Science or related field at the time of the internship. Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be located in the United States for the full duration of the internship .
- Clear presentation and communication skills, verbal and written
- Passion for storytelling with data.
- Experience with any of the following: querying and scoping (SQL, BigQuery), analysis (Excel, Google Sheets), summarizing (slides, pivot tables, charts), reporting/visualization (Tableau).