Operations Leadership Development Program, Full Time Position (Miami, FL) – September 2023 Start Date
RBI has developed a 3-year Operations Leadership Development Program for upcoming graduates and recent graduates that will focus on building future leaders within our Operations and Field Teams. At RBI, we recognize the guest experience has a significant business impact on all our franchisees and great operations are key to us achieving our Big Dream. Being a model franchisor is built upon a strong foundation in restaurant operations and this program will provide participants with the skills they need to run a business, lead a team, and drive change to deliver an incredible experience for our guests.
Those accepted into the Operations Leadership Development Program have major influence on the company’s growth as you learn, earn and grow into larger roles with a bigger scope and more responsibility. With training, mentorship, support and experiential learning, we’re confident those in the program will develop into strong Operations Leaders who will drive continuous improvements and work closely with our operators to delight and serve our guests throughout the system.
This program is offered in our Miami location and Miami-area restaurants, although placements following the conclusion of the program can be located throughout the United States based on availability.
The Operations Leadership Development Program is a 3 year program designed to build future leaders in the Burger King® Field and Operations Teams. It combines extensive restaurant experiences, continuous development opportunities and new roles with increasing complexity and scope all supported by the BK Leadership and Program Management Teams to build the next generation of well-rounded leaders with a deep understanding of restaurant operations and the guest experience. The program will include multiple experiences of varying durations to develop the skills needed to be successful in the next role.
Onboarding (approximately 2 months) – Introduction to our big dream, employee value proposition, company initiatives, brand values and history while networking with RSC-based employees and leaders.
Fundamentals Training (approximately 2 months) – acquire the skills of a team member and learn the foundational competencies of a shift manager to bring with you on your development journey.
Hourly Shift Coordinator (approximately 2 months) – lead as a shift manager to ensure safety, quality of service and effective routine completion and pushing your team to deliver a great guest experience.
Assistant Manager (approximately 3 months) – Implement your newly developed skills while acting as an Assistant Manager. Conduct tasks such as ordering, inventory, scheduling etc., while receiving feedback and guidance to prepare you for the RGM role.
Restaurant General Manager (approximately 12 months) – drive results as the leader of a Burger King Restaurant that does approximately $1.3M in annual sales; lead your team of 20+ people to deliver great guest experiences and strong restaurant operations.
Associate District Manager (approximately 12-18 months) – lead a portion of one of the company’s districts and work with Restaurant General Managers of 3-5 locations with an annual revenue of approximately $5M to grow the business, enhance operations and lead at scale.
After completing the key learning outcomes and performance objectives of the program, participants will have the opportunity to join the Operations Partner team, with opportunities outside of Miami, or the corporate Operations team at the Miami RSC (Restaurant Support Center). You’ll have a deep understanding of what it takes to operate a successful restaurant, how to design solutions for business challenges, the ability to drive change within a region, and the skills needed to make an impact at scale. As you take on your next role, you’ll continue to grow your career working with some of the world’s largest and most iconic QSR brands. And that’s just the beginning!
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelors degree – all majors are welcome to apply, and we encourage students with a background in Restaurant or Hotel Management, Retail, Hospitality, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Food Production, Food & Beverage Management, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Operations Control, or Events to consider this opportunity
- Graduation date between May 2021 – August 2023
- Previous restaurant, retail, hotel, or relevant industry experience
- Willingness to work in-restaurant – mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled with the flexibility to work extended and/or irregular shifts as needed to ensure the proper functioning of the restaurant
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs or more with or without reasonable accommodation
- A performance-focused, results-oriented approach – you’ll have a strong work ethic and the determination to achieve success
- An ownership mentality and high levels of self-motivation, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for excellent guest experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership and motivational skills
- Analytical capabilities and structured critical thinking to identify root causes and implement effective solutions
- Geographic flexibility and openness to relocation at the conclusion of the program is a plus
The Full Time OLDP is just one of our many programs for recent graduates:
Deadline to Apply
RBI reviews applications on a rolling basis with a priority given to candidates who apply on or before September 8, 2022 at 11:59PM ET.
Restaurant Brands International, Inc. and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.