View job on Handshake
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research & Development Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Intern will support the Logistics Planning and Transportation Management Organization processes in the selection and design of innovative capabilities in the transportation sector working cross-functionally with internal and external organizations. Workstreams to convert information into a digital format to utilize data and information for visibility and process improvement. Specifically digitizing areas within; Transportation Management System (TMS), Network Automated Decision Execution, Lane Mapping and other manual processes.
- Utilize software to create web-interfaced systems
- Drive platforms with one source of data/information across GCS LPTM
- Collate Transportation Vendor information & capabilities
- Coordination of stakeholder IT Integration with SAP
- Define components of TMS Outputs; Trackability, analytics, metrics, KPIs, on a global level
- Ability to function in a team environment and pursue information when it is not readily available.
- Communicate with all constituents and be the advocate for said strategy.
- Project Management SME
- Work Cross Organizational with LPTM, Procurement, Trade Operations, Business Process Management, Business Analytics, Relationship Management, Regional Leads, Supply Planning, Master Planning, Clinical Operations
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree preferably in the following areas: Supply Chain, Computer Science or Analytics
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have SAP and ERP system experience
- Candidates should have knowledge of Cloud Based Systems; SAP or ERP
- Candidates should have exposure to transportation and data analytics
- Candidates should have awareness of GMP practices
- Candidates should have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Candidates should have the ability to interact with management to advocate the strategy.
- Candidates should have familiarity with international supply chain constituents; International Trade, brokers, freight forwarders, freight providers, carriers, CMOs/CROs, and depot/warehouse providers.
- Candidates should have experience with MS Word, Excel, Web Applications, ERP systems (SAP, JDE).
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.