View job on Handshake
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service, and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide. Private Credit & Equity (“PC&E”) consists of a team of 270+ professionals globally managing ~$40 billion of client capital in direct private equity and credit investments across a broad spectrum of industries.
The Private Credit & Equity Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program starting in June. Summer Analysts will be placed into a specific strategy team for their summer program, including Opportunistic Investing, Buyout Private Equity, Private Credit, Transformational Secondaries, or Venture. Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to that of a full-time analyst in the investment team.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Work with senior members of the Fund to conduct diligence on investment opportunities
- Coordinate with advisors and consultants on due diligence items
- Help construct company financial forecast and valuation models
- Execute other investment related tasks (track prospective deals, help negotiate confidentiality agreements, etc.)
- Contribute to investment memoranda on investment opportunities
- Monitor performance of existing portfolio companies
- Keep current with market developments, such as new investment products and movements in the economy
- Develop your public speaking, company/industry research and analysis (qualitative), modeling, presentation building, and project management skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and will graduate between Winter 2023 and Summer 2024
- Exceptional academic performance and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across the team and within the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage projects and competing priorities
- Problem solver, with an analytical and detail-oriented mindset
- Keen interest in investing
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM ET.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.