Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. MSIM strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service, and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program consisting of one week of training and nine weeks working within a specific IM team. Across all IM teams, the curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst. This role within the MSIM Active Fundamental Equity group will work directly with portfolio managers, analysts, and research associates on research projects throughout the summer.
- Support portfolio managers, equity analysts and research associates in their daily work.
- Provide basic research as needed on sectors, industries, companies, countries
- Attend equity research meetings, company meetings, and industry specialist meetings
- Work on special projects as needed within the Equity Department
- Learn to use various market data systems effectively, including Bloomberg, FactSet and Thomson-Reuters products
- Assist in preparing models from data in company filings and complex spreadsheets as requested(Using 10Ks, 10Qs, Income Statement, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow Statement)
- Extract specific data needed from financial reports and databases to prepare or update models relating to specific industries and Companies followed by analysts
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to function independently and to collaborate effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Detail-oriented, accurate, reliable
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM ET.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.