Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, 2022. MSIM strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service, and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations, and individuals worldwide.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program starting in June. Through conversations with each incoming summer analyst and participating IM businesses, summer analysts are placed onto a specific team within IM for their summer program. During the 10-week program, Summer Analysts experience the culture and atmosphere of Morgan Stanley by performing a role similar to a Full-Time Analyst on the desk. Summer analysts will receive a general offer for Investment Management, and group placement within the division is determined ahead of the Summer Program following offer acceptance.
The Investment Management Summer Analyst Program consists of one week of comprehensive training and nine weeks working within an Investment Management (IM) team. The training curriculum is designed to equip Summer Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. The week one training includes a Firmwide orientation, business overviews, professional development, technical training, and networking events. A speaker series is also a part of the overall training and is run throughout the duration of the Program.
Role and Responsibilities
- Learn the roles, skills, and responsibilities of an Analyst within the functional areas of IM, through a placement in one of the following groups
- Gain a thorough understanding of IM and the full range of products and services available to our clients
- Receive on-the-job training throughout the Summer Program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects
- Contribute to the oversight of the business through qualitative and quantitative research, reporting, and analysis
- Monitor applicable business metrics and present findings to internal stakeholders
- Keep current with market developments, such as new investment products and movements in the economy
- Continuously develop your public speaking, company/industry research and analysis (qualitative), modeling, presentation building, and project management skills
Qualifications and Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Exceptional academic performance and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across the team and within the broader organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Driven, highly motivated and results-focused
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage projects and competing priorities
- Problem solver, with an analytical and detail-oriented mindset
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by July 31, 2022 at 11:55 PM ET.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.