Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is one of the largest global asset management organizations of any full-service securities firm, with more than 40 years of history, a presence in 23 countries, and a total of $1.5 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2021. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing is a leading global real estate investment platform and has been one of the most active real estate investors in the world for over two decades. Real Estate Investing employs a patient, disciplined investment approach to manage opportunistic and core investment strategies on behalf of its clients. With investments in 36 countries, the team’s dedicated real estate investing professionals have a unique global perspective paired with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. Real Estate Investing has 16 offices across 11 countries and leverages the brand and unparalleled global network of Morgan Stanley to source investment intelligence and opportunities.
The Investment Management Full-Time Analyst Program begins with training designed to equip Analysts with the fundamental skills they need to be successful in IM. This is a two-year program with IM’s Real Estate Investing (REI) team, which offers the opportunity to learn from a leading global real estate investment platform that manages opportunistic and core investment strategies. Opportunities with the REI team are in New York and San Francisco; this specific application is for New York.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the group in acquisitions and several areas, including:
- Participating in transactions from the principal or private equity perspective on behalf of proprietary real estate investment funds, including North Haven opportunistic funds and the Prime Property Fund
- Working directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest real estate companies
- Investment underwriting, transaction execution and creation of presentations regarding investment opportunities
- Helping to execute business development initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a 4 year program and will graduate between December 2022 and June 2023
- Interest in financial services industry and real estate investing
- Prior work in Real Estate field (investing, lending, development, investment banking) preferable
- Experience with real estate economics and financial modeling
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and interact well with others
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
- Superior level of attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once and meet associated deadlines important to success
Application Process and Deadline
In order to be considered, candidates must apply and complete their HireVue video interview by September 23, 2022 at 11:55 PM EST.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.