Consumer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB)
Our team consists of 25,000 colleagues, spread across 35 countries. And we’re transforming – embracing agile and new ways of working together, which helps us to truly ‘think client’ and serve millions of our affluent and emerging affluent clients, across the world.
Our clients include individuals and small businesses, and we support them with a range of traditional banking services, including investment, credit and wealth planning solutions.
Our digital services are designed to provide our clients with unique and superior experiences. We offer career opportunities for relationship managers, customer service specialists, product and segment management, sales and wealth planning.
You’ll explore our various team and get to learn and build your knowledge of what really drives our CPBB business. We help customers across our footprint with the management of their day-to-day finances and savings. You’ll learn about our product offerings, how we position them in the market, and the processes and strategies behind them. Your experiences will cover different segments, products and channels and our customer experience.
In CPBB, you’ll learn the importance of cross bank collaboration, to deliver projects and programmes.
Your career progression
We relentlessly improve our Banking experience. You’ll experience opportunities for continuous learning, early responsibility and extensive networking. At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role in CPBB. These could be in areas such as:
- Wealth Management
- Personal Banking
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Banking
What you’ll do over 18 months
- Induction – these are classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business functions.
- 12 month training rotation – you’ll spend one rotation in distribution/front-line followed by three rotations across a combination of Digital, Product, Segment based on your preference/business demand.
- 6 month business rotation – Your final rotation will last six months and help you understand our products in detail. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best and begin your Standard Chartered career.
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Graduate Programme, you must
- Be in your final year of study for a university degree or higher, or have graduated in the last two years, and
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to.
- For the UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but in the UAE, priority will be given to UAE nationals.
- For graduate roles in US, we will not consider applications from candidates seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.