View job on Handshake
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
What you’ll do
Conduct analysis of financial statement and assessment of credit requests, providing recommendations tied to analysis and assessment of credit risk. Over the course of our 3-year program, you will receive accelerated learning and skill development through a mix of formal training, mentorship, and a community of peers and advisors.
You will provide credit support to one of the four Corporate & Commercial Banking lines of business:
Commercial Banking: Commercial Banking provides a range of U.S. Bank products and services to middle market companies throughout the nation – specifically, those with annual sales ranging between $25 million and $1 billion. Commercial Banking also focuses on specialized industries, such as gaming, homeowner associations, title companies, professional sports, skiing, seafood, wood products, dealer services, beverage and franchise lending. This group also supports the unique needs of midsize CRE developers with a dedicated middle market commercial real estate team.
Corporate Banking: Corporate Banking has five relationship management groups that cover specific industry verticals. This structure optimizes the way we provide coverage to corporate clients with annual sales over $1 billion, by being able to engage clients more extensively, championing industry-specific solutions and enhancing our presence at conferences.
Commercial Real Estate: Commercial Real Estate is one of the largest commercial real estate banks in the United States. We deliver a comprehensive set of financial service solutions to middle market and large, public and private commercial real estate investors and developers.
Commercial Products: The Commercial Products group serves our Corporate and Commercial customers with dedicated teams and specialists in various product areas. Their capabilities included asset-based finance, asset-backed securities and Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs), corporate and municipal bond sales, trading, and origination, loan sales & trading, syndicated loans, equipment finance, interest rate derivatives, foreign exchange, sponsor finance, subscription finance, and private placements.
As a credit development program analyst, you will:
- Oversee preparation of historical financial statement spreads, quarterly trend analysis (QTA) reports, quarterly monitoring reports and financial projections using standard software for existing and prospective clients
- Measure, monitor, and test a wide variety of financial covenants as specified within credit approval documents
- Read and interpret relevant credit approval requirements to accurately input monitoring requirements and covenants into a standard compliance monitoring system
- Analyze financial statement results and prepare reports to communicate financial performance and trends with Portfolio Managers, Relationship Managers, and/or Credit Administration
- Interact with clients as appropriate; attend meetings or calls with companies in the supported portfolio
- Develop technical and business acumen through training, mentorship, and exposure to senior executives
- Build a supportive community of peers through a variety of cohort strengthening activities such as social events, development workshops, and catered insight to support your transition from college to the workforce
- Give back to the communities where we live and work
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for talent with demonstrated leadership capabilities, strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
- Bachelor’s degree completed prior to start date (or equivalent experience and up to 1 year experience in a finance/analytical related role)
- Basic understanding of Financial/Accounting terms, concepts, and applications
- Ability to start development program on June 26, 2023
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work equally well in a team environment and independently, exhibiting initiative, ownership, and flexibility
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family. Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $18.00 – $18.00 – $19.80Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.