Build your career with the bank that ‘Built for Change’
360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses with assets of US $2.9 trillion, MUFG is the 5th largest comprehensive financial group in the world with a global network of over 1,800 locations in more than 50 countries. Join an organization that is as committed to your future as you are.
Our 150,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continually reshaping the standards of global financial services. We stand for our values, developing relationships built on integrity and respect. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
We are seeking high achievers that are intellectually curious, enthusiastic, and demonstrate strong work ethic. Individuals that work well in a collaborative environment are vital to driving our business forward.
At MUFG, we strive to create an inclusive environment, where everyone’s perspective is valued. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce – all students are welcome to apply.
On-the-Job Experience: Our 10-week Corporate, Investment Banking & Markets (CIB&M) Summer Analyst Program is more than just a fascinating insight into MUFG: it is an opportunity to build the foundation for a long, rewarding career!
Our program begins in early June and provides rising seniors with hands-on experience and business exposure in the world of global finance. We will place you with a specific group, which enables you to concentrate and quickly develop valuable skills and knowledge that are essential to becoming an integral part of the team.
You will work alongside MUFG professionals at all levels who will serve as your instructors and mentors. Our summer analysts will support deals and client-focused projects by conducting financial analysis, modeling and research, and assisting with pitch books and presentations. Our program is designed to help you grasp what it’s like to work within a global financial organization and decide where you want to take your career.
Training: After one week of in-depth technical, financial products and/or markets training in New York, you will benefit from working alongside experienced colleagues on meaningful projects and will receive continuing on-the-job training throughout the 10-week program.
Support & Guidance: Our team is committed to your success and will pair you with a mentor/manager who will work with you to set goals, provide professional development, guidance and conduct your performance review. You will also have many opportunities to network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions, speakers and other organized events.
In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see how your work impacts our high-performance culture. At the end of the program, you will leave with a better understanding of global banking/finance and an insider’s perspective that you’ll only acquire from serving multinational clients with complex financial needs.
Each summer analyst gets a top-tier mentor in addition to their actual manager. The mentor will provide goals and professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer analysts. At the end of the program, you will obtain a better understanding of your group and how your role can play a part in the success of the bank.
Business Divisions (New York unless indicated differently)
- Corporate Banking: U.S. Corporate (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco)
- Investment Banking: Capital Markets, Corporate Advisory, Global Financial Solutions, Securitized Products, Supply Chain Finance, Project Finance (New York & Los Angeles)
- Global Markets: Sales & Trading opportunities across Credit, FX, Rates, U.S. Corporate Derivative Sales, Institutional Investor Sales
- GPA of 3.3 or above is preferred, along with recommended course work in finance, accounting or economics
- 2023 rising senior; graduating Winter 2023 or Spring 2024
- Strong interest in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Markets
- Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong verbal, writing, mathematical and statistical skills
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and individual initiative, self-discipline and integrity, who exhibits strong leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions
- You work well independently as well as in teams, and collaborating with groups across the organization
- MUFG will not hire individuals for internships or entry-level positions whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis and would not require visa sponsorship now, or in the future
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.