Commercial Banking – Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries Summer Analyst Program
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries group focuses on companies with revenues of over $500mm which require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. We cover this client segment in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our corporate bankers and investment bankers who together build relationships with our clients and offer customized financial solutions. Our corporate bankers provide commercial banking products, structure loan facilities and provide treasury solutions for our clients. The investment bankers bring strategic ideas to clients, which are executed with investment banking products. This hybrid approach brings together integrated financial services ranging from cash management to raising capital, working closely with Investment Banking, Corporate Derivatives Marketing, Treasury Services and Asset and Wealth Management, among others, and allows us to provide tailored corporate finance solutions to our clients.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
How we’re organized
CCBSI is organized into four diversified, regional businesses (Northeast, Midwest, South and West) and seven industry-focused businesses (Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Energy, Technology, Entertainment, Green Economy, Healthcare and Real Estate). Diversified teams cover clients across a breadth of industries including, but not limited to, retail, consumer, business services, transportation and manufacturing.
Summer Analysts in our regional and industry groups will work with CCBSI Bankers and Product Partners Investment Banking Coverage, Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Equity Capital Markets (ECM), Credit and Treasury Services) who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory.
What to expect
Our 9-week program kicks off with orientation and training, giving you key technical and practical knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. Our program will provide you with an introduction to corporate finance and credit analysis and allow you to develop the necessary skillset to become a successful Full-time Analyst.
You will also have the opportunity to hear from and network with senior leaders and spend time with peers from programs across the bank at philanthropic and group events.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer of full-time employment in our 2.5 year, full-time CCBSI Analyst Program.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working alongside Bankers and Product Partners to execute transactions from initial pitch phase through marketing to close
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings (covering topics such as financing alternatives, working capital optimization and industry analysis)
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
CCBSI sub-groups that we hire for:
In your application you’ll be asked to select up to 2 sub-groups. CCBSI sub-groups differ based on location. sure to reference the below when selecting your sub-group preferences.
- Diversified – Midwest (Chicago)
- Diversified – Northeast New York)
- Diversified – South ( Atlanta, Charlotte and, Houston)
- Diversified -– West (Los Angeles)
- Energy (Houston)
- Entertainment Industries Group (Los Angeles)
- Financial Institutions Group (New York and Houston)
- Green Economy (New York)
- Healthcare (New York and San Francisco)
- Real Estate (New York)
- Technology (New York and San Francisco)
We are looking for individuals with the intellectual curiosity and drive to contribute to the development and execution of comprehensive banking solutions for our clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Coursework in finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Preferred 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation date between December 202 3 – June 202 4
- Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT).
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.