View job on Handshake
The Innovation Development Program (IDP) focuses on building the next generation of innovators and disruptors, creating a long lasting and positive impact, and developing innovative solutions to complex problems within Commercial Banking line of business.
The Innovation Development Program supports CB in a truly unique way – through rotational opportunities across functional, business, and product teams such as Strategy, Digital, Client Transformation, Product Innovation, Marketing, and Business Architecture. The impact you’ll deliver as part of this program will significantly enhance a broad range of products and processes that drive value for our businesses and clients.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive and inclusive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients.
What to expect
The 9-week summer program – a talent pipeline for our full-time rotational Innovation Development Analyst Program – will provide you with relevant orientation and training that you’ll use throughout the summer. As a Summer Analyst, you’ll learn to approach challenges with an end-to-end lens through program education, hands-on learning, and mentoring.
You’ll be placed on a high-impact team for the summer, where you’ll work across one or more core disciplines:
- Project-based strategy: Develop recommendations to improve the bank’s operational and financial performance
- Transformation & execution: Design new customer value propositions and help deliver a best-in-class client experience
- Product management: Support the build, launch, and delivery of products to solve customer challenges
- Process and change management: Re-engineer critical processes and help lead key organizational and change initiatives
- Data, technology & systems: Leverage data and platforms to drive decision-making and improve business architecture
While day-to-day activities will vary based upon your team, you can expect to take on a combination of mission-critical responsibilities, including combining strategic thinking and quantitative analysis to answer business questions, presenting and communicating findings to key stakeholders, building a deep knowledge of our business and products, and leveraging an innovation mindset to design client experiences and solutions.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer to become part of the full-time Innovation Development Program, a 2-year program consisting of 3 eight-month rotations across forward-thinking functional, business or product teams within the Commercial Bank.
Locations we hire for:
- New York City
- Palo Alto
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Desire and passion for creating positive change through financial services in a fintech environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school or community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Python, Java, SQL is a plus
- Relevant internship experience and accounting, data science, economics, engineering, finance or coursework is a plus
- Pursing a bachelor’s or master’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale is preferred
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
To be considered for the Commercial Banking Innovation Development Program, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete this application including city preference
- Make sure your city preferences align as noted in the descriptions above
- If you meet the minimum criteria, you will receive an invitation to complete HireVue.
- Note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we strongly encourage you to complete your HireVue video(s) within 1 week of receiving.
- If selected, our team will reach out to you with final details.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds, and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
©2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.