View job on Handshake
Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program is offered with select Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
· Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
· Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
· Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within the Technology group. From Day 1, you will treated as an equal member of the team and given meaningful assignments to help us deliver improvements to our technology platforms. This could include platforms such as core banking, customer servicing, or customer engagement.
Job responsibilities for a Business Systems Analyst Intern may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
· Work with business partners to define, develop and document detailed business requirements
· Participate as a member of agile pod team focused on developing new capabilities, including agile ceremonies.
· Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, and quality engineers to deliver an end-to-end capability from concept to production-deployment.
· Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) on new technologies and document findings
· Provide recommendations with full usability analysis.
· Conduct program/ system research, analysis, detailed design and problem resolution
· Respond to business and users enquiries on business applications
· Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
· Apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMLC) to complete specific tasks for projects.
· Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Computing, etc.
· Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
· A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technology
· Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
· Proficient with Excel, Visio, SQL or similar visualization and analytical tools
· Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently, as well as part of a team
· Experience with technology project delivery and agile delivery methodology would be an asset
· Some prior experience with diagramming and visualization to express flows, business rules and interactions
Please note that this is a general posting. If you are selected for an interview, more information regarding which business group and the specific job duties will be provided.
· This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 2021 through August 2021.
· Applications must include a transcript, and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
· We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
· TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
· TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
Monday-Friday, standard business hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.