View job on Handshake
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Shea & Company is a software-focused investment bank firm providing M&A and capital raising advisory services to emerging and established leaders in the software industry. We are a growing 35+ person firm with offices in Boston and San Francisco. Clients choose Shea & Company based on our quality of advice, track record of great outcomes and deep expertise within the software industry, and our commitment to developing meaningful and lasting relationships, all of which is driven by our dynamic and lively team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Business Development Analyst (BDA) role at Shea & Company is critical in supporting and partnering with our senior bankers in the firm’s efforts to source, develop and nurture relationships with prospective clients and investors within the enterprise software ecosystem. The role is designed for talented graduates from a leading college or university looking to begin a career in investment banking.
- Support business development coverage and post-deal closing marketing opportunities
- Create presentation decks and collateral for internal and external business development initiatives
- Find new prospective clients and help develop new leads for the company
- Co-author Shea & Company sector market maps and quarterly software report
- Conduct market research into emerging trends in the industry
- Generate custom/standard reports for senior bankers
- Maintain and update pipeline for the company and individuals
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Upcoming 2023 college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from a leading undergraduate program with a strong academic track record
- Self-starter with strong business judgement and attention to detail
- Skilled in analysis and research with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task, delegate upwards and manage deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
ABOUT SHEA & COMPANY
Shea & Company is a software-focused investment bank that believes focus underpins success, and success is measured by the outcomes we achieve with our clients. We provide comprehensive and objective advice to the emerging and established leaders in the software industry on strategic and financial matters that impact their ultimate success. We have offices in Boston and San Francisco and have undertaken projects with clients throughout North America, Europe, Australia, and Israel. Since our firm’s inception in 2005 we have advised on over $45 billion in completed transactions.