View job on Handshake
2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, UI UX Designer Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: New York City
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the technology innovation team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large.
We are looking for UI/UX Designers to join our growing product teams at Blackstone. You will uncover user behaviors, goals, and motivations to create designs solutions that enables Blackstone to have the best-in-class financial technology. Your responsibilities include producing wireframes, user flows, prototypes and showcasing how to make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition through research and design exploration.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually to all project stakeholders.
- Producing wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and production quality designs for different desktop and mobile platforms.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and users to enhance tools and design new platforms
- Designing with existing, or creating new, design system standards, best practices, and guidelines
- Communicate design and strategy through compelling storytelling to various stakeholders.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and/or Figma.
- Familiarity with variety of user research methodologies and experience in designing cross platform.
- Strong storytelling skills; outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude, willing to work through all obstacles to accomplish tasks.
- A proven ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality and take complete ownership over a product or line or initiative.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple groups in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to listen, convey positions, and advocate designs.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.