2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Insider Risk Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
As a member of the technology innovation team at Blackstone, you will work with a group of talented individuals in a highly team-oriented environment to create the next generation of innovative solutions for Blackstone and the financial community at large.
Blackstone seeks an individual who has interest in applying technical and behavioral observations to insider risk mitigation solutions. This person will report to the Insider Threat Program Lead and triage all incoming insider threat alerts from a variety of monitoring systems deployed across the firm. They will own the design and management of education and awareness initiatives, as well as advise teams on insider risk as it relates to current and proposed organizational technologies and processes.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Conduct tier 1 triage on all alerts received through internal monitoring systems and/or referrals and escalate in accordance to defined thresholds.
- Lead investigations on all low-severity insider threat and data loss prevention cases and assist on medium- and high- severity cases.
- Design and manage education and awareness initiatives based on analysis of insider threat trends observed through monitoring and investigations.
- Identify, develop, and/or refine alerting policies within internal monitoring systems as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance and validation of internal resources leveraged by the insider threat program.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- Knowledge of techniques used to identify anomalies or anomalous behavior in large datasets.
- Experience tuning analytical models or software to reduce false positives and maximize results.
- Proficient communication skills across a variety of channels and methods, such as one-on-one conversations, classroom, virtually, through documentation, etc.
- Interest in learning a wide variety of applications, understanding, designing, and testing capabilities and controls from an insider threat risk mitigation perspective.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the role, especially in developing technical controls and documentation.
- Creative problem-solver who can put themselves in the shoes of stakeholders and colleagues to identify new use cases, monitoring strategies, and process improvements.
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize activities independently.
- Passionate about helping people do the right thing and collaborating with individuals and teams to find the right balance between usability and security.
- Knowledge of insider risk behaviors through previous insider threat analysis, investigations, or similar work experience.
- Experience triaging and tuning policy-driven security alerts.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), End-User Behavioral Analytics (UBA), and DLP solutions.
- Previous experience in facilitating individual or group training on cybersecurity and/or technology fundamentals, or another topic area.
- Development/scripting experience with Python
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.