2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Data Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team can make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone is seeking a Data Summer Analyst to support Blackstone’s key data initiatives. As a member of Blackstone Technology’s Liquid Markets and Data Architecture group, this team member will be an active participant in valued analytical initiatives within the firm, responsible for solving complex business problems with data.
- Generate analysis, data visualizations, and automate reporting to drive business initiatives
- Develop and support our python-based data intelligence platform, focus on analytical deal analysis, investment processes, and monitor of current allocations
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders to understand their processes in order to plan and deliver data focused solutions
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, identifying paths forward and solutions
- Grow a culture of data science within the firm, including leading Tech Talks and occasional training sessions.
- Additionally, you will use new and open-source technologies to develop proof-of-concept tools, such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, GraphQL and other web platforms
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a strong interest in financial markets with an ability to step in and work directly with business stakeholders
- Have a strong SQL background in addition to an understanding of modern data warehousing techniques and best practices
- Experience with Tableau or other BI software
- Python – fluency in analytical toolkit (NumPy, Pandas, etc.)
- Preferred experience with python dashboarding libraries – Panel or Streamlit
- Strong foundation in statistics and mathematics
- Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources
- A strong understanding of analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
- Communication skills
- Verbal – An ability to communicate and relate to both business and technical coworkers
- Written – An ability to author documentation appropriate for a range of audiences: the business stakeholders, technical community, and upper management
- Time and Task management – An ability to manage multiple priorities and raise issues in a timely and productive fashion
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.