2023 Blackstone Technology and Innovations, Application Security Summer Analyst
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Location: Miami, Florida
Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone’s Application Security (AppSec) Team is responsible for empowering 250+ builders to set and meet security goals by identifying and managing software risks while balancing security with agility. You will join an ambitious and talented team of security engineers that are responsible for evolving how Blackstone “does security” as it continues to move to modern and next-generation architectures. The AppSec team partners with Developers to build secure services, and with Engineers to build security into foundational platforms that developers build on. Together, we also empower members of the broader Cybersecurity team to take on their responsibilities within these new patterns.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Developing in at least one software language, ideally Python but others are okay
- Using and implementing Application security tooling such as static analysis (SAST, dynamic analysis (DAST), software component analysis tools (SCA), and/or web application firewalls (WAF)
- Using and augmenting CI/CD tools and concepts to embed security into DevOps pipelines (DevSecOps)
- Building secure containerized applications running on Kubernetes
- Building and implementing solutions to detect compromised applications and/or application user accounts
- Performing secure code reviews and white box application penetration tests
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. You will need:
- Assess the risk of web and RESTful applications deployed on cloud platforms through threat modelling, building attack trees and occasionally penetration testing
- Communicate software vulnerabilities and mitigation options to stakeholders that balance business agility with security
- Partner with Developer teams to meet security objectives through training and integrating vendors or build your own solutions into software development processes in a cloud environment
- Enable product owners to set security objectives that tie back to unique business requirements, not just industry standards or best practices,
- Build efficient, resilient, and well-documented systems so the team can focus on the next challenge instead of operational overhead
- Establish polices & standards to guide builders to meet security requirements
To be considered for the 2023 Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2023 – Spring 2024
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.