About the Role
As an Associate Product Manager (APM), you will join Uber’s next generation of product leaders. The program is a two-year rotational program composed of three rotations (two six-month and a final year-long) across Uber’s various businesses (Rides, Eats, Uber for Business, Freight, etc.). On each rotation, you will lead cross-functional teams across engineering, design, and more to build high-impact products that are used daily by millions worldwide! Previous APMs have launched busses on the Uber app, led our new membership program, and built rides products to improve access to healthcare.
For consideration, please be sure to submit a completed application by Friday, August 12th at 5pm PST.
About the Team
The APM team showcases outstanding technical depth, critical thinking, well-honed product judgment, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with our users and working backwards! The Uber APM program cultivates a learn-by-doing philosophy that drives innovation from a global perspective. We strive to build a strong sense of community for APMs during and beyond the program and collaboration across diverse teams and functions.
What You’ll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for your cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap, and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals
- Challenge all members of cross-functional teams (engineering, design, data science, operations, etc.) to think passionately and creatively and funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans
- Use data to influence product direction, in the form of rider / eater behavior- or other business metrics
- Solicit and welcome constructive feedback
- Supervise and measure product launches, then incorporate takeaways back into the product development process
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences, including internal partners, Uber employees, and the various types of users of the Uber platform (riders, drivers, couriers, restaurants, etc)
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in Computer Science or an equivalent technical field
- Available for employment in August 2023
- Currently an undergraduate or masters student graduating between December 2022 and July 2023
- A passion for building businesses, not features
- Strong data-focused prioritization skills. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an informative story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Design sensibility and the desire to provide the highest value to our customers. A deep understanding of and appreciation for good design and user experiences
- “Driver” personality. You are biased toward action, an excellent collaborator, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Strong communication and partnership skills. This will be a very cross-functional role, with partner teams potentially spanning multiple offices globally
- A true passion for our mission, our products, and the company’s hybrid technology/operations nature
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.