At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2022 Middle Market Banking Financial Analyst Program in Commercial Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs
The Middle Market Banking Financial Analyst Program (MMB FAP) is a-multi-faceted early talent program that incorporates formal training, feedback and coaching from mentors, managers, and peers, and on-the-job experiences to develop you for a future career within our line of business. Throughout the program, you’ll build analytical, interpersonal, and leaderships skills, including credit underwriting, relationship management, and risk identification and mitigation. Analysts also participate in career and professional development activities and network with employees at all levels throughout Wells Fargo.
Development Hub Stage
You will begin your program in our Development Hub located in Charlotte, NC. During this six-month stage, you will participate in numerous learning activities and develop your credit underwriting skills through on-the-job credit report preparation. You will also engage in various career development and enrichment activities, such as volunteer events, conversations with senior leaders, discussions with product partners, and team building events. Upon successful completion of this six-month stage, you will transition to a Middle Market Banking team.
Offers can be for a specific MMB team, or a MMB metropolitan area or region of the country. If a MMB metropolitan or regional offer, your placement location will be determined prior to completion of the six-months in the Development Hub.
Middle Market Banking Team Stage
Upon your transition to a MMB team, you will work alongside experienced employees to further deepen your knowledge and develop your analytical, underwriting, and relationship management skills by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day customer and prospect management activities.
Analysts who successfully complete the program are on their way to a long-term career. The program is ideal for preparing you for a relationship or credit risk management role, in which you will support client relationships by working with a company’s management team to understand their short- and long-term needs and to structure financing and banking products that help them achieve their goals
In this role you will:
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of a company’s business and management team
- Conduct in-depth industry research to identify key drivers, challenges, and trends that are most relevant
- Monitor and evaluate customer financial and operational performance and how each may impact overall risk management and assessment
- Partner with relationship managers to structure multi-million-dollar credit transactions
- Prepare credit underwriting memorandums, including recommendations, key risk factors, sources of repayment, cash flow modeling, leverage profile assessment, and ability to service debt
- Review legal documentation that outlines the terms and conditions of approved loans
- Assess and understand client needs to effectively identify other Wells Fargo products and services that can help clients achieve their goals
- Engage in creative thinking and idea generation to prepare discussion materials that focus on issues impacting the company and prepare relationship managers for customer or prospect dialogue
- Participate in meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to company management teams and their interactions with senior bankers
Required Qualifications, US:
6+ months of Commercial Banking Portfolio Management – Program experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in December 2021 or May/June 2022
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven leadership through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extracurricular activities
We have analyst positions available nationwide.
* CO – Denver : $23.13 – $41.11 Hourly
Pay ranges will vary based on other hiring locations
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation, and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights, or other long-term incentive awards.