As a science-based healthcare company with a longstanding commitment to inventing and providing important medicines and vaccines, subject to applicable law, we require all U.S. and Puerto Rico based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption or accommodation. We are committed to supporting our employees during this process as we work to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Vaccine Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Within our Company Durham Operations there are opportunities to support day-to-day activities and strategic projects to ensure the, Bulk and Formulation/Filling facilities operate Right-First-Time in a cost effective manner. This role requires daily problem solving with other departments including but not limited to Technical Operations, Quality, Supply Chain and Learning & Development. The successful candidate will be expected to be a first responder to requests from the manufacturing areas when support is needed.
We are seeking a co-op candidate with strong academic performance, communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Off-shift or weekend coverage may occasionally be required to support the Operations team, based on project-specific assignments and/or the vaccine production schedule.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate on, support or lead cross-functional teams to advance project goals and implement continuous improvement projects
- Support formal problem solving and real-time troubleshooting efforts of unplanned events to ensure reliable supply of Durham manufactured vaccines
- Author and/or update GMP documentation.
- Support site digital transformation projects.
- Capture Tier 2 Notes, refresh monthly agenda and make improvements as needed.
- Develop and upload weekly key metrics and monthly reports.
- Ability to contribute to the above remotely/virtually, if required.
- Candidate must be majoring in Science or Engineering.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Candidates should have experience working with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Candidates should have a experience in lab and/or cGMP manufacturing setting
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.