View job on Handshake
Job Description – Supply Chain UFLP Manufacturing Track
Our Future Leaders Programme will ignite the leader in you. This unique programme is designed to develop Unilever’s Future Leaders (UFL) by providing challenging and purposeful opportunities that accelerate their readiness to take on business leadership roles.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods with operations in over 100 countries and sales in 190. Consumers buy 170 billion Unilever packs around the world every year, and our products are used over two billion times a day. We have more than 171,000 employees globally; (11,000 in the United States) and generated annual sales of €46.5 billion in 2011. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. Our portfolio includes some of the world’s best known and most loved brands including thirteen €1 billion brands, and global leadership in most categories in which we operate.
In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Degree, Dove, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Alberto, Promise, Q-tips, , Popsicle, St. Ives, Suave, Skippy, TRESemmé, and Vaseline.
Unilever’s ambition is to double the size of our business, whilst reducing our overall environmental impact (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal). We are also committed to doing what we can to improve health, nutrition and hygiene, with a target to help more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, as well as sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020. All of these goals are itemised in around 60 time-based commitments in our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
Unilever has led the Food Producers sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Indexes for 13 consecutive years. We are included in the FTSE4Good Index Series and attained a top environmental score of 5, leading to inclusion in the FTSE4Good Environmental Leaders Europe 40 Index. In 2011 Unilever led the Climate Counts Company Scorecard and was named #1 in the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders according to the latest survey findings from GlobeScan Inc. and SustainAbility Ltd.
· Are you a Visionary… Who can Learn Leadership Fast?
· Are you a Flexible, Agile Change Agent?
· Are you a Champion of Sustainability in Business Practices & Growth?
· Are you a Proactive Learner?
· Are you an Adventurous Risk-Taker?
· Are you committed to diversity of thought and to creating a culture of Inclusion?
· Are you a Future Professional with Cultural Dexterity and Passion for Development?
· Are you Passionate about the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industry?
· Do you own, use, and love Unilever’s brands?
· Do you want to have a real business impact from Day 1 of your career?
· If you answered yes to all of these questions, then you may be a Unilever Future Leader!
The Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP)is a global initiative enabling Unilever to build a strong talent pipeline that will support and lead our business growth. UFLP is a 36-month rotational leadership development program for which we recruit top-performing undergraduate talent who demonstrate the potential to become managers within our business within 3 years. It’s designed to grow you into a manager, through hands-on learning alongside world-class experts. You’ll be hired into a function and develop your leadership skills by working on live projects which offer you all the experience you need to become ready for your first management role. At the heart of it, it’s about developing tomorrow’s leaders, today.
From Day 1, our Management Trainees (MTs) take on real business challenges within their own function and across the organization. Each of our MTs will gain an understanding of how we make and how we sell our products, become immersed in our sustainability initiatives, understand and experience first-hand our global markets, and build people management skills and financial acumen. Along the way you will develop deep core professional skills and leadership skills, and build a robust support network. On top of all that, you will have a lot of fun along the journey.
We look for people who want to get to grips with the inner workings of a vast business and a desire to understand how it works. It’s about commitment, real people skills and a deep-seated interest in the business as a whole. You’ll become part of a leading-edge company, where you’ll
work with outstanding brands and outstanding people to drive sustainable business growth.
So here’s how it works:
- 36-Month Rotation Program(4 Rotations on average)
- 1 Functional Roadmap Based on Your Business Area
- 1 Retail Experience – First Assignment is always learning the heart of our business, working with our products at the point of sale
- Formal Training + Informal Learning
- Mentorship + Exposure to Senior Leaders + Peer Network
- High Levels of Performance and Delivery
- Potential to Reach Manager-Level Upon Successful Program Graduation
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications of Unilever Future Leaders:
- Successful completion of BA/BS degree
- Technical Proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMCG industry
- Ability to take key data points and derive them into actionable insights
- Business Acumen
- Geographic Mobility
So, what’s the next step?
The first thing for you to do is decide which business area interests you the most. Unilever is such a broad company, there’s plenty to select from. But don’t worry if you find it hard to choose, you’ll get exposure to other functions during the program. Regardless of which business unit you work in, you’ll be part of a team at Unilever that’s working to create better futures every day.
Supply Chain: Come work for a global supply chain leader in the consumer goods industry! Charged with creating sustainable competitive advantage for the business, Unilever’s Supply Chain delivers more than one billion units of product to customers and consumers every week. We were just recognized with two prestigious awards: Unilever’s Supply Chain has been ranked in the top 25 best supply chains by AMR All specialized areas of supply chain call for clear thinkers with good strategic, logistical skills.
- 3-4 Business Rotations
- Exposure to Plan/Source/Deliver/Make and Manufacturing Supervision.
- Special Degree Requirements: Ideally, candidates should possess a BS in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial), Business Logistics or Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain – Manufacturing Track: With 9 manufacturing sites in North America across Beauty & Personal Care and Foods & Refreshments, Unilever is looking for top-talent to continue to unlock efficiencies in our network & be the #1 supplier to our customers. Within the manufacturing track of UFLP, you will be a frontline people leader and gain leadership qualities that will guide you through your management journey. You will lead focused-improvement projects across multiple functions to improve safety, product quality & improve efficiencies at our sites. We are looking for candidates that are