The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The position is for a three-month intern opportunity within the Supply Chain organization. Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates’ skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership in the following areas:
- Demand planning and fulfillment
- Warehouse management
- Distribution and logistics
- Launch planning
- Data analytics
- Lean Six Sigma
- Global improvement initiatives
The successful candidate is:
- An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing and supply chain areas of expertise
- Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our Company.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
- The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
- The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
- Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Bio Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
- Ideal candidate should have leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
- GPA 3.0 or higher
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.