Healthfirst’s 2022 Summer Trailblazer Internship is a 10-week paid program beginning on June 6, 2022. This is an immersive and interactive learning experience, that lays a foundation for continued leadership development. Interns do impactful work, collaborating with other interns, employees, and business leaders to solve current business problems and deliver solutions.
The Enterprise Strategic Planning Intern is responsible for providing market intelligence and analytical support to the Enterprise Strategic Planning team to develop, implement, and continuously improve upon enterprise strategic planning and execution.
This role will support market intelligence and competitive landscape assessments for Strategic Planning to support enterprise growth, including all lines of business and market segments – both existing and new. This role also will support the development and distribution of market analysis and competitive intelligence insights and reports through research and analysis of new, existing, and non-traditional competitors, technologies, services, disruptive forces, and key market trends, and market share.
This role is responsible for supporting well-informed strategic decisions across Healthfirst:
- Monitor market segments and compile information from multiple sources to prepare and distribute concise, time-sensitive and accurate reporting and competitive news and insights for internal audiences, including developing competitor profiles, market overviews, and reporting on competitor investor calls
- Design, create, modify, support and maintain regular reports, including but not limited to a weekly news summary
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required by senior management
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and synthesize information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively present ideas and build consensus with stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, and both written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to translate details of competitors and complex market dynamics into consumable and actionable intelligence for both senior executives and field staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Will not require sponsorship for employment
- Senior on track to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree (Spring 2023), preferably in analytics, public health, business, economics, or another related field, or Master’s degree candidate, preferably in public health, business, or health administration
- Experience developing market research and competitive analysis
Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees’ and members’ wellbeing, Healthfirst is moving to an environment where our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective new team member, you must be fully vaccinated with a CDC/FDA approved COVID-19 shot(s) to work in our offices. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy in further detail and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with this company policy.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid “@healthfirst.org” email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.