View job on Handshake
About TD Bank
TD Bank operates in the US via TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank and the Investment Banking operation TD Securities.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., with over 25,000
Employees and deep roots in the community dating back more than 150 years. TD Bank provides more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance.
TD Securities is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, New York, London and Singapore.
TD Securities offers its U.S. based employees the advantage of working in a fast growing global investment bank. At TD Securities, you will gain exposure to various markets and gain a competitive advantage of your own. You will be exposed to a wide variety of clients, industries, financing structures and products.
TD Securities offers an expansive Quantitative Internship Rotation Program that is an unparalleled experience – where you’ll gain valuable insight into our vision to grow, while also strengthening the core skills and knowledge you’ll need to launch a successful career. The program provides an on-boarding curriculum, peer mentoring, professional training, and on the job experience in the core activities of TD Securities as well as ongoing leadership and career development throughout the rotational period. You will also have extensive networking opportunities and interaction / dedicated chats with senior leaders. Upon the completion of the summer program, high performing interns have the potential to receive a full time offer to return after graduation.
In this 10-week summer internship program, the participants will have two rotations in two different business areas and learn about our award-winning Global Market business, cutting edge Technology team and pioneering Business Innovation center. In your application cover letter, please indicate your areas of interest for your rotation experience. It can be all the following areas or just some of them. For example, you can have one rotation in Global Markets and the other in Technology.
Global Markets is comprised of several sales and trading businesses across both Fixed Income and Equity products, including FX, Treasury, Corp Bond, Interest Rate Derivative, Equity, Equity Derivative, Electronic Trading, Automated Trading, Prime Brokerage, Research etc. The applicant will be placed directly into one of these teams and work with our industry leaders side by side.
Global Market Rotation Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the sales and trading team
· Analyze market / transaction / trading data
· Build analytical tools to understand and manage risk, develop trading strategies
· Generate views and ideas about markets, P&L, trades
· Present research, findings and results to the sales / trading teams
· Collaborate with Technology team and other TD teams for the platform build and workflow enhancement
Our technology teams engineer platforms that support the leading-edge business capabilities required to advance TD Securities to continue to grow its U.S. franchise as a prominent and award-winning investment international bank. Technology teams collaborate closely with Global Markets and other internal teams to develop and implement innovative solutions that facilitate revenue generation, provide our clients with frictionless end-to-end experiences and enable the expansion of TD Securities’ capabilities across the globe.
Technology Rotation Responsibilities:
· Build quantitative pricing / risk models or platforms
· Work with the data science team to produce data analytics, develop innovative tool to use data for better revenue opportunities, deeper client insights and platform automation
· Work on Financial Securities-related Technology projects such as: trade capture, real-time derivatives pricing & risk management, PNL, quant modeling, algo execution & hedging, big data analytics, electronic trading & STP, valuations, etc.
· Collaborate with Global Markets and other internal teams to understand their need and expectations
Business Innovation / Chief Data Office
Business Innovation and the Chief Data Office encourage creativity, rigor and collaboration across TD Securities (Corporate & Investment Banking and Global Markets). The teams focus on organizing the bank’s data strategy and developing workflow innovations that deliver business value for TD employees and clients.
Business Innovation Rotation Responsibilities:
· Work with the teams to catalog and organize the firm’s data assets
· Contribute to the firm’s analytics roadmap
· Identify and expand the data universe of the firm, aligned to the tool’s roadmap
· Facilitate the senior team members to form data sourcing strategies and data framework
· Understand data attributes and structures from different data sources
· Research and understand different TD data platforms and utilization
· Liaise with businesses and Technology team on collaborative projects
· Leverage latest innovative automation / data analytics tools such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Processing, digital channels to form better workflow for the dealer
Candidate Qualification Requirements
· Currently in a masters or higher graduate program in Financial Engineering, Quant Finance, Data Science, Operational Research, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent fields
· Strong conceptual, analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal & written communication with ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to develop good business relationships with customers, business partners and stakeholders
· Strong Python programming skill is a plus. Ideally with knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: SQL, R, Scala, Uipath, Tableau, Alteryx
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Familiarity with basic financial products and understanding of pricing models, such as options, bond pricing etc.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank’s HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.