CohnReznick Advisory Group currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Valuation Advisory Services practice located in our Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York City, or DC Metro offices. We are looking for a Real Estate Valuation Consultant to start in December of 2021 and/or the Summer of 2022.
As a part of this dynamic team, you will have the unique experience to work in a collaborative environment on a wide range of valuation projects including real estate appraisals of every property type, renewable energy impact studies, low-income housing, and cannabis-use facilities. VAS practice also includes a group that we work closely with that values businesses, financial instruments and machinery & equipment.
Real Estate Valuation
- Value tangible and intangible assets related to land holdings, commercial centers, industrial buildings, offices, hotels, residential and multi-unit complexes, shopping centers, and special use properties such as landfills, marinas, golf courses and cannabis cultivation centers.
- Assist in market analysis, consulting assignments and litigation support, including eminent domain cases, business disputes, and zoning hearings.
- Continue your learning with company sponsored appraisal training, in order to qualify for:
- Trainee Appraisal License
- State Certified General Commercial License
- MAI Designation (Member of the Appraisal Institute)
CohnReznick is recognized as a top accounting, tax and business advisory firm with a team of over 3,000 employees in 25 cities. As a member of our team, we will provide the necessary tools to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success.
You will be responsible for:
- Valuation engagements for a variety of purposes including financial reporting (fair value measurements for GAAP and IFRS financial statements), tax, litigation, and transactions/strategic planning;
- Explore and learn about the valuation issues in different property types and for different intended uses;
- Perform market and sub-market, industry, and economic research and analyses;
- Perform operating expense and benchmarking analyses, including analysis of comparable property transactions, and application of Discounted Cash Flows using ARGUS ENTERPRISE software.
- Assist in the preparation of valuation reports, models, and schedules;
- Review and summarize financial, lease, purchase and sale, and other legal agreements;
- Maintain active communication and build relationships with your team throughout engagement process.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, Economics or Accounting with a strong interest in pursuing an MAI designation and/or State certification;
- Ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously with competing priorities in a rapidly; growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based environment;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills;
- General understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts, including GAAP financial statements;
- Experience working with data sources and tools such as ARGUS ENTERPRISE, COSTAR, and the MLS.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
Coursework, case studies, and internships related to valuation are a plus.
[Firm news/team insights]
Connect with us
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.