Who We Are
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant (QSR) companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and over 28,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI is improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
Our Big Dream to Build the world’s most-loved restaurant brands needs agile and creative minds to overcome big challenges and continue to evolve the experience for millions of guests around the globe.
Be bold. Think big.
RBI is dynamic, inventive, diverse, entrepreneurial, and never afraid to take risks. We are growing fast, thinking faster and constantly exploring new opportunities. We have big plans for the future and for the people who want to make that future happen. We know the secret ingredient to our success is our people, and our goal is to attract and retain interns that are humble, hardworking, and hungry to take on new challenges over a 10- week internship that is specific to Operational functions such as Equipment & Systems, Training, Guest Experience, Restaurant Operations, and Food Safety across our brands. RBI will provide travel and temporary housing assistance to all candidates selected to join our paid 10-week Summer Internship Program as needed.
During your summer with us, you’ll get to own at least one key project that’s been selected by our senior leaders. Past projects have included developing Content Creation Playbooks with the objective of increasing learner’s information retention, engagement, and brand love– projects which offer the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the business. Do well, and we’ll invite you to join our Operations Development Program immediately after graduation. This program builds leaders on our field and operations team through an immersive restaurant experience that includes leading a restaurant and managing multiple units before moving into a position working on our brand operations team or one working directly with our franchisees.
It all begins with a week of orientation activities at our corporate office. We’ll give you an in-depth snapshot of our business and culture by exposing you to Brand and Functional Overviews and exciting trainings such as problem-solving methodology which will set you up for success during your project-based internship.
Hands on experience
You’ll direct experience with operations by spending a portion of your internship in one our restaurants to better understand the guest and employee experience.
After onboarding and training, you’ll jump right into your project. The challenging project assigned to you will enable you to make a big impact on our organization – every project we assign to our interns receives sign off by our CEO and Leadership team to ensure the work supports a key initiative of our organization. Projects assigned to Operations Interns support teams in Standards, Execution, Training, Equipment, or Analytics tied directly to company-operated restaurants.
You’ll receive plenty of guidance, support, and exposure. Your summer schedule will include training, leadership team lunch-and-learns, formal and informal performance reviews, and social opportunities.
At the end of your internship, you’ll deliver a final presentation to the head of your department, outlining your proposal and recommendation(s) to the leadership team.
What You Need:
- A good academic track record – you should be a 3rd year student, working towards a bachelor’s degree at an accredited post-secondary institution (expected graduation between December 2022 and August 2023)
- Available to complete a 10 week-summer Internship (June-August 2022)
- A Bachelors degree – all majors are welcome to apply, and we encourage students with a background in Restaurant or Hotel Management, Retail, Hospitality, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Food Production, Food & Beverage Management, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Operations Control, or Events to consider this opportunity
- Previous restaurant, retail, hotel, or relevant industry experience
- A long-term desire to work with restaurant operators, franchisees and others to deliver growth and a great guest experience
- A performance-focused, results-oriented approach – you’ll have a strong work ethic and a determination to achieve success
- Strong ownership mentality and exceptional levels of self-motivation, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and motivational skills
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
- Solid analytical capabilities and structured thinking.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.