The Data Science Summer Intern at Lazard will work within the Data Analytics Group. The primary responsibility is to help analyze large-scale data sets in finance and extract insights that add value to our Financial Advisory business. The Data Science Summer Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with data scientists, investment bankers and senior management across the Firm.
Successful candidates should have a strong quantitative background, including solid statistical modeling skills and hands-on programming experiences.
The summer internship will begin in late May to early June and will run for 10 weeks, concluding in early August.
· Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Quantitative Finance or equivalent.
· Strong programming skills in Python or R. Experience with object-oriented programming preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of machine learning algorithms or strong statistical/econometric modeling skills.
· Ability to query and analyze data from large-scale databases. Prior experience in big data engineering preferred.
· Experience with data visualization and communicating technical results to a non-technical audience.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
· Experience with unstructured data and natural language processing (scraping, text classification, topic modelling, and/or value extraction) preferred.
· Strong interest or previous experience in finance preferred.