View job on Handshake
Govern For America is searching for the next generation of public sector leaders to address our nation’s biggest challenges. We recruit, train, inspire, and empower recent graduates to dismantle systemic inequities, build more inclusive public systems, and create a more effective government. Over the last decade, our country has relied more and more heavily on the internet. However, there still lacks proper access, infrastructure, and reliability of these resources to many communities across the country. As a Govern For America Digital Equity Fellow, you’ll work at the intersection of policy and digital equity to ensure that every community in the United States has access to basic digital resources whether it be for schools, work, or healthcare. The GFA Fellowship is your opportunity to tackle one of the biggest challenges of our time.
What You’ll Do:
As a Digital Equity Fellow, you will:
- Be in the Room – Work closely with senior leaders in government on strategic initiatives and mission-critical priorities, and represent the agency in external environments.
- Put Theory into Action – Conduct policy research to find opportunities for impact, then make it happen as you evaluate proposed legislation, operationalize concepts and quarterback strategic initiatives.
- Perform Rigorous Analysis & Evaluation – Analyze State agency fiscal operations, monitor revenue and expenditures, evaluate proposed legislation, and negotiate with legislative staff to develop budgetary and policy recommendations.
- Leverage Data – Analyze data to source new opportunities to allocate resources, save money, and improve lives.
- Create Partnerships – Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the Governor’s Office, state agencies, municipal/federal authorities, advocacy groups, constituents, and other partners.
- Question & Create – Ask the tough questions and challenge assumptions about the way things have always been done to create programs designed around people.
- Proficiency in R, Excel, SQL, SAS, GIS or other data analytics tools
- Experience with reporting and analytics with data analysis, extraction, and manipulation
- Must be able to analyze data to identify trends, inefficiencies and provide recommendations for cost, quality, access initiatives
- Strong analytical, organization, communication skills and able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Proactive team player who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree or MPA/MPP or 2-3 years of prior work experience
For any questions, reach out to Manjot Chhabra at email@example.com