Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Our Supply Chain team ensures inventory is consistently available to meet customer demand. We coordinate all aspects of supply through supply planning, sourcing, making, inventory management, packaging, and delivery. We partner across the Marketing, Finance, and Manufacturing organizations to build a robust demand and supply plan and ensure we get products to the right customer, at the place, at the right time.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its legacy for over a century. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement, and teamwork. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. Your role at our company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At our company, we’re inventing for life.
Intern positions generally last 9-12 weeks and will include one or more projects.
An internship in Global Workplace & Enterprise Services will allow you to:
- Gain exposure to continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Defect Elimination, Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent process improvement methodologies) and strategic planning
- Work hands-on improving equipment reliability related to facility operations.
- Gain an understanding of the reliability engineering, maintenance practices, and utility management
- Perform risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans
- Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities
- Foster collaboration and innovation
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
Specific duties include:
- Gain project experience by regularly attending portfolio meetings and reviewing a broad spectrum of facility-related projects; put into a schedule with deliverables; physically monitor projects and report status (e.g. spend to date and current forecast).
- Assist with the metrics for Operating Scorecard. Most of the work we have is straightforward.
- Evaluate area requirements and plans for associated capital/expense improvements. Perform administrative duties such as job audits, computer system audits, and safety/housekeeping inspections.
- Support efforts to improve maintenance service, and reliability, and efficiency, and state-of-the-art applications.
- Responsible for learning and adhering to all our company’s Safety, Health, Environmental, GMP, and regulatory requirements (as required by task).
- Perform necessary administrative duties to ensure maintenance of records, reports, and associated tasks.
Required Education & Experience
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must be willing to work in the NJ and PA area
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Candidates should have strong data collection, analysis, and reporting, Project Management
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, the USA in the United States and Canada, and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.