Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal — the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
In Global Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, establish links with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds Bloomberg products.
Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. They also play a key role in evolving our products and processes, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
You’ll need to have:
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 0 to 2 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated experience using Python, SQL, or related languages
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
We’d love to see:
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal, or Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) certification
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.