As a science-based healthcare company with a longstanding commitment to inventing and providing important medicines and vaccines, subject to applicable law, we require all U.S. and Puerto Rico based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption or accommodation. We are committed to supporting our employees during this process as we work to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
The Future Talent Program features Cooperative (Co-op) education that lasts up to 6 months and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
The Logistics, Compliance and Engineering (LCE) Co-op will be a part of a cross functional team that concentrates on deviation management, change control, cold chain management, technology support, and operational efficiency projects in support of the North America Supply Chain Management organization. As part of Warehouse Operations, this individual will collaborate with Operations, Quality, Automation, and Validation to drive change in a collaborative manner.
The candidate will gain some understanding of cGMPs and cGDPs and will contribute to multiple projects and activities across the West Point facility and North America distribution network as required.
The individual must embrace and be committed to establishing an empowered team culture, with the goal of each employee reaching their fullest potential and having accountability, authority and responsibility to one another, our community and our patients. Enthusiasm for continuously learning is a requirement.
This is a full-time Co-op position based in West Point PA.
The candidate’s experience during his/her tenure with the LCE team may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the Deviation Management process for writing investigations and implementing sound corrective actions and projects to reduce deviations.
- Coordination of real time efforts and output of site investigators; working to determine root cause, develop corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence, and assess the impact of identified deviations on product quality.
- Develop and utilize an understanding of cold chain shipping, product protection and distribution processes to effectively investigate and author deviations that are technically sound and meet quality expectations along with effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Support/participate in change control projects and activities on the site and regionally.
- Be an integral part of developing and improving product distribution pack-outs.
- Supporting the execution of performance qualifications of product pack-outs.
- MPS improvement to reduce cost / cycle time, eliminate waste and improve cost effectiveness of operations.
- Participate in standardization of work for all areas in the organization.
- Help team evaluate manufacturing metrics and performance indicators to proactively identify risks and continuously improve the capabilities of the organization.
- Gain experience with project cost analysis and budget value-capture items
- Communicate frequently with operation, technical, and quality representatives through the tier process or email
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at Drexel; enrollment in a undergraduate program such as: engineering, supply chain, business or equivalent
- Candidates must have willingness to learn pharmaceutical supply chain and apply to projects/problem solving/improvements
- Candidates must have willingness to familiarize self with cGMPs, cGDPs, and regulatory requirements.
- Candidates must have strong verbal/written communication skills.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.