GLS has been recognized for the past six consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. 5000. We take our core values of Excellence, Drive, Culture, and Integrity to heart. We value innovation, adaptability, positivity, and a drive to succeed. GLS is committed to an inclusive and diverse culture that celebrates our successes. We are looking for individuals who want to make a direct impact, take pride in their work, and “raise the bar”. If this is you, apply today to join our award-winning team and grow with us!
Here’s what we can offer you for your amazing work:
- Competitive base pay and performance bonus, dependent on role.
- Hybrid Work Options
- Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits
- Matching 401K with 100% vesting
- Long term and short term disability
- Business casual work environment, including jeans
- Paid time-off program and paid holidays to help you balance work and personal life
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Discounts on theme park tickets, hotels, movies, events, and cell service
What does it mean to be in Operations Management as a 2022 Campus Graduate with GLS?
As a 2022 Campus Graduate in Operations Management, you will ultimately be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and management of associates to ensure individual and team performance objectives are met. This will be accomplished by training on developing team members through daily feedback, coaching, training, and recognition techniques.
How will you drive value within the organization?
- Evaluate team operating processes, analyze reports and identify all performance-related issues to ensure appropriate actions are made to maximize work effectiveness to prevent losses, Act as a Subject Matter Expert on projects to help drive improvement activity across the department while working closely with other business stakeholders.
- Establish strong working relationships with other business units to fully leverage resources and technological solutions to streamline processes, improve quality and eliminate waste
- Support the development and maintenance of departmental operating procedures, including ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies, and communicate changes to team members as needed
- Provide quality training, guidance, performance coaching, and feedback to assigned staff and advise and recommend training opportunities
- Research, create, implement and execute efficient workflows to prioritize tasks and contribute to the development and enhancement of department policy and procedures
- Set departmental goals and develop and maintain a daily employee work schedule that effectively meets the needs of the business unit and company
- Run daily reports to optimize workflow efficiency; ensure team meets service level expectations of internal and external customers
- Accept incoming calls and effectively resolved escalated complaints and exercise management authority concerning staffing, performance evaluations, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Regulatory, and company requirements and maintain electronic records and files
- Foster a collaborative culture that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives by working closely with other associates and members of management
- Participate in special projects as needed Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by management.
What should you already know to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required, or in process of completing one with a graduation date of May 2022 or sooner.
- Intrinsically motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify needs, make recommendations for improvement, see recommendations through implementation, and evaluate improvements for effectiveness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and a team player that can adapt in a fast pace and changing environment
- Proficient computer skills with a working knowledge of internet and standard business applications such as Microsoft Office; ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to effectively set and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- This is an exempt level position whereby business needs will dictate the exact work schedule which should be expected to vary at times.
- Generally, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with an 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00am-8:00pm
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, and talk and hear to exchange accurate information