View job on Handshake
Staff Associate – RA1
Columbia Business School is seeking one or more Predoctoral Staff Associates of research for the Management Division. The work will include quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, collection, coordination and management of information and data, development of research materials (figures, presentations, papers, etc.), and work on special projects relating to pertinent fields of research within the division.
All duties involve work in one or more of the following areas of research: accounting, finance, economics, and statistics.
· Collect, manage, and manipulate data using a variety of tools and sources, including but not limited to Stata and R.
· Produce summary statistics and conduct basic statistical analyses
· Writing scripts in python to automate processes and for webscraping
· Assist with data analysis and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, presentations, web sites, and other research outlets.
Applicants are expected to have the following:
· Experience with Stata and familiarity with statistical analyses
· Since the RA will be working with multiple faculty members/projects, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to structure assignments and keep faculty member informed as necessary
· Strong time management skills and ability to balance multiple tasks and shifting priorities under tight deadlines at an accelerated pace when necessary.
· Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Strong written and verbal English skills are essential
· Evidence of outstanding academic achievement, along with prior high-quality academic writing.
· Ability to read academic, subject-specific information and write a reasoned and thoughtful analysis, as well as produce a creative interpretation, is a plus.
· Preference for a candidate who plans to seek an advanced degree
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics with coursework in computer science.
· Up to two years of research experience in a research role as a research assistant during the academic year or a summer internship in a research lab or governmental institution.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply