Remote Internship: Resilience & Social Entrepreneurship in Mexico at Human Connections

View job on Handshake

Employer: Human Connections

Expires: 06/21/2020

Intern abroad from home. This unique internship is a blend of action and learning, broken into two components: COVID-19 Response Projects + Social Sector Professional Development.Through structured projects and virtual engagement with community members, interns will support our team in executing our COVID-19 Initiatives. From curating our Artisan Gift Boxes, to developing virtual tour opportunities, you will be challenged to think outside of the box, leaving a lasting mark on our organization. These collaborations will bolster the resilience and ingenuity of our partners as they navigate a new global reality.One of our core values is reciprocity. To that end, we know that the learning you take away from your internship is just as important as the contributions you make. Time focused on projects will account for about 65% of your program; the remaining 35% will be invested in professional development and educational activities. Each week, our interns will engage in readings, virtual visits, and discussions focused around a specific social sector topic, such as sustainable development, responsible tourism, or indigeneity. You will also hone business skills through workshops hosted by HC’s advisors. An optional virtual homestay component offers deeper connection and insight into local culture. Most of all, joining our team – including our staff, partners, volunteers, and alumni – means you step into a multicultural family, where exchange is expected and growth unlimited. WHAT’S INCLUDEDWork on impact-focused projects, collaborating virtually with Mexican micro-entrepreneurs, staff, and HC’s network of professional consultants to tackle new initiatives in the face of COVID-19Weekly workshop and discussion focused on professional communication in Mexico, responsible tourism, sustainable development, and indigeneity and social justiceUpon successful completion of capstone project, receive a certificate in Social Entrepreneurship or Intercultural CommunicationCareer development, including access to alumni groups, resume review and professional networking Virtual homestay experience, which allows you to connect with a local family for cultural exchange and Spanish language practice (optional)Be a part of an international, multicultural team, gaining skills in remote project management and intercultural fluencySupport pursuing university credit, when applicableBest practices in ethics and sustainability, including fair payments to local collaboratorsReceive a $200 USD discount on future HC programs Human Connections is offering two back-to-back remote internships this summer (see dates below). Interns are welcome to join us for one or both sessions. Projects, workshops, and discussions will differ between the two sessions, meaning that participating in both will only deepen your experience. Session 1: June 1 to July 1, 2020Session 2: July 6 to August 5, 2020You can join us for one or both programs$750 USD per session ($1,300 for both sessions, including discount).Price Breakdown (Approximate):53%: Educational content, including guest speakers, resources, and curriculum development 13%: Virtual homestay experience26%: Project budgets and local impact payments to our partners8%: Technological and financial expenses  Our remote internships are open to students and professionals from diverse disciplines. This best enables intern teams to support our partners, as well as to learn positively from one another.APPLICATION DEADLINESSession 1: May 15, 2020Session 2: June 20, 2020MORE INFO AND APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE: https://humanconnections.org/remote-internships