- This event has passed.
7/23: Reimagining Education
July 23, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic has substantially disrupted education. Within a matter of months, schools have gone almost fully online, accelerating virtual education, and with it bringing new questions and opportunities for the future of learning.
In a conversation moderated by SCET Chief Learning Officer, Ken Singer, industry panelists will discuss pressing questions about the future of education from K-12 to higher ed and beyond. Without the physical constraint of attending in-person, will a small set of universities with the best brand scoop up the market share? Will disruption allow students to attend university at cheaper rates and learn more tangible skills to earn higher incomes? What role will technology and the tech industry play? How will K-12 and universities facilitate genuine human interaction and connection?
For more context, read this recent blog post by SCET lecturer and industry fellow, Shomit Ghose.
Panelists on this Roundtable include:
– Danielle Gonzales, MD Education & Society, Aspen Institute
– Kim Smith, Co-Founder of New Schools Fund
– Alex Bruton, Teaching Professor, University of Calgary, Engineering & Entrepreneurship
– Shomit Ghose, SCET Lecturer and Industry Fellow
– Julia Freeland Fischer, Director of Education Christenson Institute
– Tracee Worley, Senior Design Lead at IDEO Education
– Mike Magee, CEO at Chiefs for Change
The goal of the Innovation-X Roundtable series is to help industry adapt at this critical time. How can companies innovate to create the biggest impact for industry and society now and in the future? From these initial discussions, will emerge Discovery Projects, where we will leverage the resources of UC Berkeley faculty and students to create innovative solutions with Network members that guide the future of industry.