Admitted Ph.D. & MS Students
Congratulations and welcome! This new admit website provides the resources needed to help you familiarize yourself with the Berkeley IEOR Ph.D. & MS programs and outlines important next steps for new admits before the start of the program.
Please take the time to read through the information and resources on these New Admit pages. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Info Session Recording
Watch our Info Session for prospective students!
Don't Forget To:
- Set up CalCentral (UC Berkeley’s student portal)
- Submit final, official transcripts
- Submit the Statement of Legal Residence Form (SLR)
- If you are a domestic student, completing a FAFSA
- If you are an international student, complete the Non-Immigrant Information Form (NIF)
Click here to sign into CalCentral. Logging in with your CalNet ID and passphrase allows you to access campus applications and services. Resources in CalCentral include: Billing and Finances, Financial Aid, Grades, and more.
Update your contact information in your CalCentral profile, particularly your local address. Click here for resources for managing your CalNet account (changing passphrase, adding/changing recovery email address, etc.). See the information here about updating your name, if needed.
Please review the onboarding messages and checklist items under “Tasks” on “My Dashboard” that you will need to complete. This is especially important for international students. Failing to complete tasks can lead to registration holds, which prevent enrollment, so take action early! Note that these tasks update on a regular basis, and completing one task can sometimes trigger another task to appear.
Your Berkeley Email Account
Activate your bConnected account through your CalCentral Dashboard. This will activate your @berkeley.edu email account.
- Log into your CalCentral using your CalNet ID
- Look up in the left hand corner under MyDashboard
- Follow the link to bConnected to activate your UC Berkeley email address
Regularly check both your personal email that you used on your admission application and your new campus @berkeley.edu email in order to receive information from the IEOR department and the university.
Once the fall semester begins, we'll no longer contact you via your personal email, and we ask that you use your @berkeley.edu email to contact us.
Keep in mind that sometimes University emails can accidentally be filtered to spam.
Events for Graduate Students
Important Dates & Deadlines
- June 1, 2023: Deadline to submit Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)
- June 5, 2023: Deadline to submit Student Information Form
- June 22, 2023: Enrollment Info Session [Virtual]
- July 15, 2023: Berkeley Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) waiver deadline
- July 15, 2023: California Residency document deadline
- August 9, 2023: International Office Virtual Orientation Sessions (optional, but highly encouraged for international students)
- August 16, 2023: International Office In-Person Welcome Day (optional, but highly encouraged for international students)
- August 21, 2023: In-Person IEOR MS/PhD New Student Orientation
- August 17, 2023: Teaching Conference for First-Time International GSIs (if applicable)
- August 17 & 18, 2023: Teaching Conference for First-Time GSI’s (if applicable)
- August 23, 2023: Instruction begins
Graduate Student Guide
Click on the image below to access a comprehensive guide to being a graduate student at UC Berkeley.
The Berkeley International Office (BIO) supports Berkeley’s international community. If you are an international student, pay careful attention to emails from BIO. Also, make sure to contact BIO throughout your time as a student regarding changes in enrollment, your travel plans, etc.
If you are an international student, complete the important tasks here. Processing times for paperwork can be long, so start processes early and be aware of deadlines.
Meet Your Advisors
Meet your graduate advisor, Heather Iwata
Heather Iwata focuses on serving students in IEOR’s master of science, master of engineering, and PhD programs.
She has worked on campus for over 11 years at the School of Optometry and the Department of Economics, collectively, where she worked on admissions and student affairs. Heather holds a B.A. in Communication and Psychology from the University of California, Davis, and a master of arts degree in Counseling and Guidance from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
She has a love for all things Disney and expect Heather to get up and dance if N’Sync, Boyz II Men and Usher are playing.
Meet your graduate advisor, Erica Diffenderfer
Erica is originally from Savannah, Georgia. She attended Georgia Southern University, where she earned her BS in Mathematics and a Master of Arts in Teaching degree. Before joining Berkeley, Erica taught secondary mathematics and also worked at the University of Florida in admissions and student affairs. Outside of work, she takes advantage of the nice weather and scenic trails in the Bay Area by hiking, running, and camping.
If you have any questions related to the admissions process, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the primary point of contact for admissions-related inquiries, and we will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
For all current graduate students in the IEOR program, please use email@example.com for questions related to student services, such as registration, academic advising, or other administrative matters. We are available to help you navigate your academic journey at UC Berkeley and ensure you have the resources and support you need to succeed.