Master of Science
Ranked #2 in the nation!
Thursday, December 15, 2022, 8:59 pm PST
How to Apply
The GRE is required for IEOR Master of Science applicants
For more information about requirements, fees, and the program, see the Graduate Student Handbook.
MS/PhD Deadlines for Fall 2023:
- Application opens September 15, 2022
- Online application submission deadline: December 15, 2022, 8:59 p.m. PST
- Official GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) scores: (received by) December 15, 2022, 8:59 p.m. PST
- 3 letters of recommendation: (received by) December 15, 2022, 8:59 p.m. PST
Exclusive to UC Berkeley undergraduates and alumni:
- The application fee will be waived for UC Berkeley current undergraduates and alumni. Please complete and submit your application by the Thursday, December 15, 2022 deadline in order to have your application fee waived. This process will happen automatically, on or around the application deadline, based on the undergraduate university information listed in your application. To claim the Application Fee Waiver, select the credit card option, but do not pay. Then, submit your application by the December 15 deadline, but do not pay. Your application will be credited for payment on or soon after December 15.
- UC Berkeley current undergraduates and alumni applying to the IEOR department who earned their UC Berkeley bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA are not required to submit GRE scores with their application. Applicants can leave the GRE score blank or list a zero score.
The IEOR Department does not offer Spring admissions.
The entire application process is electronic. Please do not mail any documents to the IEOR Department.