We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2018 Grassi and Marshall -Oliver Resenberger Fellowship. The Grassi Fellowship is named after one of our founding professors of IEOR at UC Berkeley. The Marshall-Oliver-Rosenberger fellowship is named after Kneale T. Marshall, Bob Oliver, and Larry Rosenberger. Kneale T. Marshall recieved his Ph.D. in Operations Research from UC Berkeley in 1966. Bob oliver is a Professor Emeritus for the IEOR department. Larry Rosenberger received an M.S. in Operations Research from UC Berkeley in 1974 and currently serves as a research fellow for FICO and is an advisor for the IEOR department.
The recipients will recieve a payment of all Spring 2018 university fees, including dental and health care benefits and nonresidential tuition (if applicable) as well as a stipend of 13,000 ($2,600 per month). The application deadline is October 30th, 2017 at 12:00pm. The recipients will be announced on November 10th, 2017.
The qualifications differ for the Grassi Fellowship and the Marshall-Oliver-Rosenberger (MOR) Fellowship. The Grassi Fellowship is for domesting Ph.D. students working in the areas of manufacturing, industrial systems, and service systems. The Marshall-Olicer-Rosenberger (MOR) Fellowship is for Ph.D. students with a demonstrated interest in decision science and analysis for important societal and industrial problems.
IEOR Ph.D. students in good standing may apply for either or both Fellowships by sending an email to Anayancy Paz (firstname.lastname@example.org
) by October 30, 2017 at 12:00pm
with Endowed Ph.D. Fellowship Application on the Subject line.
As one PDF document send the following information:
- Full Name, SID, start date, expected graduation date, and future career plans.
- Advisor, Title of Research Project, and Prior/Existing sources of funding
- Have you previously recieved the Grassi or MOR Fellowship and if so when?
- If applying for the Grassi Fellowship, confirm that you are a US Citizen and that you have completed an ABET-Accredited undergraduate degree in engineering
- If applying for the MOR Fellowship, the date when you pass the Qualifying Exam.
- Half-page summary of your Ph.D. Research Project, the potential impact on research and applications, and initial results
- Copy of our CV with list of publications and URL of your website with links to key publications.