What is CalDay? Each year UC Berkeley hosts an open house to welcome the community, prospective students, current students, kids, families, and other visitors to campus. This year there will be over 400 events taking place, so there will definitely be something for everyone! Featured events include a celebration of the 100th year anniversary of Albert Einstein's theory of relativity, a panel of politics experts working to make sense of this unique election season, and a community coloring event (i.e. with crayons/color pencils!) at Morrison Library. Details for all the events are available at the main CalDay site.
IEOR and the Sutardja Center will also have a considerable presence on Saturday thanks to dozens of students who are volunteering their time to talk to the community. IEOR and the Sutardja Center will have information tables in the Etcheverry Breezeway and satellite stations at the Bechtel Engineering Center and at California Memorial Stadium (home of the Sutardja Center).
Please find the schedule and flyers for IEOR and the Sutardja Center below.
- 9:30am – 11:00am - IEOR and ORMS Poster Display - 3106 Etcheverry Hall & Breezeway
- 10:00am – 2:00pm - IEOR & ORMS Information Table - 3RD Floor, east entrance, Etcheverry Hall
- 11:00am – 12:00pm - Information Session: IEOR/ORMS majors. The Science of Better - 3108 Etcheverry Hall, Professor Phil Kaminsky, IEOR Chair and Professor.
- 11:00am – 2:00pm - Risk Lab & Demonstration - 3111 Etcheverry Hall
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm - The Berkeley Automation Science Lab Open House
Sutardja Center Schedule
- 9:00am - Sutardja Center Open House - 122 California Memorial Stadium
- 10:00am - Sutardja Center Information Session - 3108 Etcheverry
- 11:00am - Emerging Areas in Technology & Entrepreneurship - 203 McLaughlin
- 1:00pm - Sutardja Center Information Session - 203 McLaughlin
Sutardja Center Flyer