What is IEOR?
In this award-winning video, IEOR students explain what industrial engineering & operations research is, how their skills can improve the world, and discuss exciting careers in IEOR.
- IEOR is the process of inventing and designing ways to analyze and improve complex systems.
- IEOR improves processes to create a better world.
- IEOR utilizes math and statistics to understand and quantify the world around us.
- IEOR leverages computing to better manage the massive amounts of information available today.
- IEOR informs business strategy and operations to help leaders of industry and government make better decisions that save time and resources.
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (B.S. IEOR) program is designed to prepare students for technical careers in production or service industries. It provides a strong foundation for those intending to go on to specialized graduate study in operations research, industrial engineering, or business administration.
The core of the program includes: basic science mathematics, including probability and statistics engineering optimization and stochastic models. This forms the methodological foundation for upper division IEOR electives involving the analysis and design of production and service systems, information systems, and human work systems and organization, among others.
The BS in IEOR is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Schedule of Classes
Faculty Advising FAQ
Important: It is your responsibility to consult with your faculty advisor regarding the appropriateness of your program. IEOR students should be sure to report any changes to your technical program to your Student Advisor in 230 Bechtel. ORMS students should report any changes to the student services office in 4145 Etcheverry.