The graduate admission requirements for Industrial Engineering and Operations Research are:
- Online application.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or recognized equivalent.
- Sufficient undergraduate education for graduate work in your chosen field.
- A satisfactory scholastic average, with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0-scale.
- Score of the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past 5 years. For Fall 2018 admission, test taken before June 2013 will be not be accepted.
- International applicants: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 90 for the internet-based test (iBT) or 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), taken within the past two years. For Fall 2018 admission, test taken before June 2016 will not be accepted.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is also acceptable. The minimum acceptable score is 7 on a 9-point scale on your most recent exam. Only test taken within the past two years is acceptable.
- Also, please keep in mind that ETS sends us test scores (GRE and TOEFL) twice a month electronically, so even if you've received them, it does not mean that we have. Because this is the case, it's a good idea to take the tests as early as possible in advance.
- Electronic recommendation letters. (Three required.)
Please read the Graduate Division Web page on Admission Requirements. If you received or are a candidate to receive your undergraduate degree from an institution outside the United States, you will need to read the section on International Applicants in Admission Requirements.